What you'll learn
Docker makes it easier to create, deploy, and run applications by using containers. Containers allow a developer to package up an application along with its libraries and other dependencies, and deploy it as one package.
As a Data Engineer you will need a basic understanding and practical knowledge of Docker.
In this mini-course Nana will teach you Docker in a practical manner, with every lecture comes a full coding screencast. By the end of the course you will be able to use Docker professionally and add Docker to your CV.
This course includes 14 lectures and more than 3 hours of video and practical coding demos!
You will learn:
- How to install and set up Docker on your machine
- Basic and advanced Docker concepts and commands
- How to run and debug Docker Containers
- How to build images from a Dockerfile
- How to run multi-container applications
- How to deploy containerised applications
- How to persist data using Docker Volumes
This course is for beginners. You do not need any previous knowledge of Docker or Data Engineering. We will start right at the beginning and work our way through step by step.
14 lectures, 3h total length
Overview of Docker workflow (3:56)
Develop with Docker (20:50)
Docker Compose (13:00)
Private repository (15:54)
Deploy containerised application with Docker Compose (9:56)
Docker Volumes (13:07)
Docker vs Kubernetes vs Docker Swarm (5:30)
Who this course is for
- Aspiring data engineers
- Programmers with little or no experience with Docker
- Some experience with any programming language
- Computer science fundamentals: memory, how programs compile and run
Teaching the world how to Kubernetes
Nana is teaching complex DevOps topics focused on Kubernetes and Docker in an easy and understandable way.
She is passionate about sharing her knowledge about DevOps and software development through her Youtube Channel and various online courses and e-books.
If you are also interested in DevOps, Software engineering and all things Kubernetes and Docker connect with Nana on social media!